E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist II to join our team for a contingent position in Norfolk, VA in support of a Federal Customer.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and support the infrastructure, products and tools that will replicate the information from the fielded databases to the enterprise database
- Perform maintenance of this infrastructure to include, but not limited to hardware upgrades, OS upgrades, and software upgrades.
- Review and debug low-level Linux and Windows programs, device drivers, transport layer security protocols, ports, network communication, certificate authentication, certificate exchanges, and Windows Application Programming Interface (API) functions to identify problems and determine solutions to resolve issues.
- Provide customer support help desk functions for Tier 3 and Tier 4 support of Business IT systems and programs to include:
- Respond to and document Trouble Call (TC) data in the TC Management System for all escalated actions
- Analyze message traffic and correspondence regarding system problems
- Provide system and application troubleshooting, data, and report analysis
- Document TC problem resolutions
- Recommend system/software improvements
- Develop Technical Advisories
- Track response times and metrics
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 1 year of experience providing troubleshooting assistance and problem resolution for computer systems in a variety of environments found in a software development and maintenance program. OR in lieu of experience, individual shall have completed 30 hours of postsecondary computer-related classes with a 3.0+ cumulative GPA (resume to specify completed relevant courses).
- CSWF IAT Level II
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level.
- Must have the ability to travel.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.