E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Database Administration Specialist to join our team in Charlottesville, VA in support of the National Ground and Intelligence Center. NGIC is the Defense Department’s primary producer of ground forces intelligence. NGIC produces scientific and technical intelligence and military capabilities analysis on foreign ground forces required by warfighting commanders, the force modernization and research and development communities, Department of Defense, and national policymakers.
The Database Administration Specialist will be responsible for the architecture, management, maintenance, backup/recovery, security, day-to-day support of enterprise databases and related application servers as well as installation and upgrade support as needed. They will provide database administration to include data backups, schema development and maintenance, and database/OS upgrades.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum of 8 years of relevant database administration experience.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT or IAM Level II certification (e.g., CISSP, CAP, CASP+ ce, etc.)
- Experience performing data analysis, database design, development activities, and implementation for databases and database conversions.
- Experience with both Oracle and Postgres database systems.
- Experience managing the compliance to all required database administration procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Experience with developing database schemas and writing advanced SQL queries on database technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database development to support centralized data repositories.
- Experience with relational (RDBMS) and non-relational (NoSQL) systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) database services.
- Proficient in SQL or similar database languages.
- Familiarity with FIPS 140-2 and DISA STIG data-at-rest encryption requirements.
- Experience with Atlassian Suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently, or collaboratively across multiple functional areas.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience in working with cloud technologies, including Microsoft Azure.
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty or other AWS certification.
- Experience with ICITE or DCGS-A Cloud concepts and architectures.
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.