E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in Aurora, CO in support of a Federal Customer.
- Monitor the NGIC Enterprise Service Center (ESC) for open and approved tickets specific to the enterprise databases.
- The contractor shall follow NGIC Information Technology ESRI Database O&M.
- Administer the ESRI database.
- Monitor, log and resolve database performance issues, response times for reports and transactions, unusual entries in the alert logs and trace files, failures, and free space.
- Deploy critical patch updates and security patches within the Government-approved deployment and mitigation schedules to maintain a hardened and secure infrastructures.
- Apply major and minor upgrades to database server software.
- Perform and test backup and recovery processes.
- Leverage existing tools to perform daily exports and snapshots to reconstitute databases in the event of a failure.
- Perform cybersecurity functions to maintain the AOPC CamoNet analytic environment.
- Perform network and system scanning to ensure servers, systems, and applications are accessible by cybersecurity scanning tools.
- Devise approaches to remedy cybersecurity findings, and plan and oversee necessary resolutions.
- Design, develop, and deploy cloud-native geospatial/GEOINT applications and services.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain GEOINT data ingress and egress from community systems and data sources.
- Collaborate with GEOINT targeting analysts, geospatial analysts, GIS professionals, and subject matter experts to understand geospatial requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Utilize GEOINT and geospatial data, APIs, and tools to build applications that integrate analytics and machine learning solutions.
- Implement data visualization techniques and develop interactive maps, spatial queries, and geospatial algorithms.
- Integrate GEOINT databases and services with cloud-based platforms to enable spatial analysis, mapping, and visualization.
- Apply GEOINT standards and best practices to ensure data integrity, interoperability, and accuracy within cloud-based geospatial systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure GEOINT data is properly ingested, processed, and visualized in cloud-based environments.
- Stay updated on emerging geospatial technologies, standards, and trends to drive innovation in geospatial application development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field with minimum 8 years’ experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Database Administrator.
- Active DoD 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., Security+ ce)
- Database Administration experience with a variety of database systems (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS, etc.).
- Experience with systems administration of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of database security best practices and techniques for data protection to include DoD STIGs and the RMF process for system accreditation.
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud environments within the DoD.
- Experience working with ticketing management systems such as ServiceNow.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and troubleshooting database performance issues.
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery strategies, as well as disaster recovery procedures.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.