E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking an IA Security Specialist to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). NORAD is a United States and Canada bi-national organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning, aerospace control and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other command.
- Provide cybersecurity engineering services and support to the Sustainment Maintenance and Modification Services (SMMS) program as directed by the Systems Security Engineering Chief Product Owner (CPO)
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, software engineers, software assurance engineers, systems integrators and test teams supporting the development, testing, installation, and deployment of cyber-compliant solutions
- Support the establishment, installment, and enforcement of security architectures; integrate new architectural features into existing infrastructures; design cybersecurity architectural artifacts; perform architectural analysis of cyber security features and ensure the successful integration of cyber-compliant solutions into system “as is” and “to be” technical baselines
- Provide systems security engineering recommendations, develop cybersecurity assessment plans and cybersecurity test plans to ensure proper system hardening and to resolve/overcome integration and testing issues
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the Operations, Maintenance (O&M) and Sustainment life cycles
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, authorization and assessment and cybersecurity awareness activities for all facets of the Missile Warning, Missile Defense and Space systems and networking operations
- Ensure system security needs are established and maintained for O&M and Sustainment upgrades, operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, assessment and authorization, systems hardening, vulnerability, testing and scanning, and configuration management
- Work within an Agile methodology to complete assigned stories and tasks to meet program feature and increment milestones and operational fielding timelines
- Support deployment activities in the Test Development Facility (TDF) and/or onsite as necessary
- Assesses system vulnerabilities and generates monthly Vulnerability Status Reports/Cybersecurity Verification Results as required
- B.S. Degree in related discipline with five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Must possess a current DoD 8570 IAT Level II security certification (e.g., Security+ CE).
- Security engineering skills with a working knowledge of cybersecurity technology and DoD/Federal cybersecurity policy (i.e., CNSSI 1253, DoDI 8500.01, NIST SP 800-53, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Unix operating systems
- Understanding of networking, subnetting, firewalls, NAT, ACL’s, etc
- Experience with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Familiarity or experience with Agile software development methodologies, i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- ACAS/ Nessus / Security Center
- STIG/SCAP compliance scanning and implementation
- HBSS (ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Antivirus, HIPS, Policy Auditor, RSD) Prefer DoD HBSS Administrator training
- Experience programming in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, SQL
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Familiarity with RMF and eMASS
- Proficiency in writing, editing, executing scripts on Windows, Linux, UNIX systems is highly desired
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.