E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer III to join our team in Boston, MA in support of the United States Air Force. The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s Digital Directorate is tasked with building a scalable software factory to architect, manufacture, and operate warfighting systems to function effectively in highly contested environments, supporting operations ranging from routine through major theater war. It is composed of 7 Programs and leads digital transformation by focusing on developing and delivery software solutions centered around Command and Control, also known as “C2,” capabilities.
- Design, Develop, and test software for Command and Control based products.
- Develop front end and backend of software prototypes, components, and tooling that can be leveraged to speed prototyping process.
- Embrace and adhere to following development methodologies:
- Extreme Programming (XP) Practices
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) techniques
- Help to design and develop software requirements for multiple Command and Control based products including the software architectures, APIs, frameworks, and libraries.
- Work with data scientists, UX designers, engineers, and product managers to help in composing cohesive and sound software designs that form the basis of scalable Command and Control software solutions.
- Optimize software designs and architectures to deliver desired performance targets and devises tooling and methodologies to profile execution and capture performance metrics.
- Stay informed on latest software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
- Aid in making technical decisions in order to migrate legacy systems to the cloud.
- Aid in formulating a strategy on how to achieve rapid prototyping of capabilities.
- Analyze and decompose activities and requirements to software designs that are allocated across systems components/sub-components, classification system levels, etc.
- Capture, develop, and report reference architectures and documenting compliance standards.
- Develop plans, road maps, software design strategies.
- Implement and practice DevOps Enablement and helps more junior/less experienced developers to do same
- Mentor other engineers regarding troubleshooting techniques, design patterns, and testing strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, etc.) plus six (6) years of Full-Stack Software development Experience OR nine (9) years of Full-Stack Software development Experience.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in:
- DevSecOps tools and processes, such as Git, Concourse, GitLabCI, SonarQube, Fortify, and ThreadFix
- Front end frameworks like React or Vue
- Two (2) years of experience with Extreme Programming practices
- Two (2) years of experience contributing to software architecture and design of both new and existing systems
- One (1) year of experience using container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- One (1) year training, upskilling, and/or mentoring engineers
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance at the required level.
- Master’s Degree in a highly quantitative field
- Two (2) years of experience in
- Backend runtimes and frameworks such as Node.js, Spring, Spring Boot, Django, and Flask.
- One (1) year with test mocks
- One (1) year with contract testing
- CompTIA Sec+, CMU, SEI – Software Assurance Professional Certificate, or CSSLP certification
- Strong Mentorship/leadership capabilities
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
To Apply for this Position
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.