E&M Technologies, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. E&M provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
E&M Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Lead Software Developer to join our team in Charleston, SC in support of the United States Army Program Executive Office for Stimulation, Training, and Instrumentation (PEO STRI). PEO STRI rapidly develops, delivers and sustains testing, training and information operations capabilities to enhance readiness across the operational spectrum, and is responsible for acquisition, materiel development and sustainment of live, virtual, constructive, and gaming models, simulations, instrumentation and their environments supporting training and testing capabilities for the Nation’s security.
The ideal candidate will support the Event Designer and Event Lead as a member of the Event Engineering Team (EET). They will maintain responsibility for leading the software development efforts for event environmental design.
Typical Duties Include:
- Serve as a core technical advisor to the program senior leadership team.
- Develop software and tools.
- Provide technical leadership for day-to-day operation.
- Maintain responsibility for providing planning, direction and coordination of all software development efforts.
- Design, develop and oversee software and tools, including complex systems and systems design activities.
- Ensure conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system.
- Support design reviews; Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies and develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development.
- Maintain responsibility for technical performance, software and tool development costs, and schedules.
- Advise management and customers on operations and research studies and applications, including technology assessments, schedule and budget development to complete projects and deliver results to customers.
- Perform software tool development functions.
- Work as part of a cross-discipline team executing technical tasks to cost and schedule targets.
- Prepare and deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or and information sciences, information technology, management information systems, or a related discipline with corresponding experience and demonstrated mastery of relevant computer science and software engineering topics.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with cyber testing or training to include experience with defensive and offensive cyber tools and TTPs.
- A minimum of 2 years of systems administration experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with software development and software engineering.
- Expert knowledge of: software development to include agile software development practices; programming languages; operating systems; networks; enterprise and consumer IT concepts, architectures, and systems (compute, network, storage).
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell, bash scripting, python scripting, and C/C++ development.
- Experience developing web applications using web development frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Flask, Angular, Bottle, jQuery, Meteor.
- Knowledge of:
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Infrastructure configuration automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- MySQL, MariaDB, mongoDB, Postgres SQL, or no SQL.
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, DNS, FTP.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have and be capable of maintaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance at the required level.
- Master’s Degree
- 5 or more years of experience developing cyber range tools, including deployment automation, configuration automation, monitoring, and traffic generation.
- Experience developing user simulators, which generate network and application traffic to simulate realistic users.
- Intermediate knowledge of software defined networking and network function virtualization (NFV).
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies such as VMWare, Docker, HyperV, Xen, Kubernetes, etc.
- Expertise in building out complex enterprise infrastructures using various operating systems and services (e.g., AD, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, VPN, email, databases, IIS, Apache, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience participating in and effectively contributing to a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to work independently.
To Apply for this Position:
You must have the Minimum Qualifications in your resume to be selected as a candidate.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, E&M Technologies, Inc. provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. More benefit details here.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we will require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your start date if it is after January 18th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.